The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FMX output shaft seal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavierV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FMX output shaft seal?
    Posted: 17-August-2012 at 10:50AM
I need to get a output shaft seal for my FMX and cant find anywhere to buy it. Ive found sites that carry torque converters, filters, and gaskets but have yet to find any that carries the output shaft seal. Any help is appreciated!
Zebra 3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2012 at 1:28PM
"I deeply admire the men who founded this country, and I think we ought to know more about them and how they lived and the force and courage they had.
Henry Ford. 1926
Brian Conn
'76 Torino
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2012 at 7:32PM
about 1/2 way down here, it's the same as C6 E4OD and many others

and about 1/2 price Big smile

Edited by Rockatansky - 17-August-2012 at 7:33PM
72 GT Ute

JavierV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavierV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2012 at 1:16PM
thanks. i hope they are the right ones.
Robbdtme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbdtme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2012 at 9:02PM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

about 1/2 way down here, it's the same as C6 E4OD and many others

and about 1/2 price Big smile

Wow lots of FMX parts!
Modulator: FMX / Fomoco 2 speed, BLUE stripe adjustable.
I saw this listed as adjustable? Anyone know anything about these. What adjusts. Upshift point?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2012 at 9:35PM
inside the vacuum nipple on the modulator there'll be an adjustment screw, could be straight blade mini screwdriver or allen? but yeah it will affect the pressure against the diaphragm inside that reads vacuum vs oil pressure(governor) and will have some effect on shift points

for even more effect on shift points the FMX will respond similarly as other transmissions to shortening/lengthening of the modulator valve rod, shimming of the modulator, changing the weights in the governor and/or increasing pump regulator spring pressure

as mentioned in the link the modulator doesn't function under low vacuum(WOT) conditions, that's just governor vs oil pressure
72 GT Ute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2012 at 10:21PM
also, super easy shift kit is to just remove the 'hockey puck'

72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply