The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Small Block Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How can I tell if my 351c is original?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantorinosport351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I tell if my 351c is original?
    Posted: 22-August-2013 at 7:14PM
Hey guys i was just wondering, how do u tell If a motors original. I've heard there is part of your vin stamped on the intake, is that true because I have a high rise, if not how can I tell? Thanks for any help
~Bryan
72 gts h-code (formal roof)
67falcon
04 f250 ''the great white''
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2013 at 7:55AM
the casting code near the starter should be from the same model year or earlier, then the date code below that cast code should be within a month give or take of the vehicle build date on the door jamb sticker. to narrow it down even further there's an engine build date stamped into the front face of the block near the timing pointer, and the cylinder head casting dates under the valve covers should also jive with the vehicle build date... finally and without question there may be a partial VIN stamped into the block, below the head on the drivers side 

Edited by Rockatansky - 23-August-2013 at 7:55AM
72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply