The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

transmission ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transmission ?
    Posted: 31-August-2013 at 9:35AM
74 351c-4v c6 transmission
1.what color is the transmission filler tube.
2. what color is the paint daub denoting which engine-trans combo.
3. does the 3rd member/trans cross member bolt on top of the frame brackets or underneath 
My dad told me 2 things.. Always drive FORDS and never marry women with names like CHERRY,PEACHES and LEMON
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2013 at 2:06PM
My  C4 trans tube from my 75 torino was unpainted. From the factory I can't ever remember the tubes being painted (was a ford tech for 25 years). the cross member goes above the brackets, Check very closely for mark denoting foward. I'm not sure on the paint markings.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
castillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2013 at 2:00PM
did some internet research and found 68/69 was last year for painted filler tubes. they were natural after that. but no luck on paint daub i.d. for my car. any help members ?
My dad told me 2 things.. Always drive FORDS and never marry women with names like CHERRY,PEACHES and LEMON
SquireCJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquireCJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2013 at 10:16PM
I have a 1973 Ranchero Squire with factory installed 351CJ and C6 transmission. I just pulled the transmission. The filler tube is not painted. The cross member mounts on top and I will look at the transmission tomorrow to see what color.

Edited by SquireCJ - 05-October-2013 at 10:18PM
 Post Reply Post Reply