The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Piston Compression Calculator Program

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pikeapn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piston Compression Calculator Program
    Posted: 28-September-2013 at 6:32PM
I recently took a programming course at college and I made a program for calculating static compression in Visual Basic.net so I could experiment with different combinations of pistons and stuff for my future engine rebuild.

I was just wondering if anybody else would like it?  Moderators, would it be ok to upload something like this to the forum?

- Andrew
'72 Mercury Montego GT - 351W
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2013 at 2:07AM
I think that is a really cool tool!
Robbdtme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbdtme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2013 at 7:25AM
Nice, I like how you added gasket thickness, Most do not account for that!
Johnny cash Special 74-75-76 freak. 77 XR7. 78 LTD II sport looks pretty but poop 302 in it.
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2013 at 10:13AM
Sweet, Thanks for uploading this.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
pikeapn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikeapn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2013 at 4:04PM
No, I didn't upload it yet. I was just wondering if it would be ok.
- Andrew
pikeapn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikeapn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2013 at 4:13PM
Ok, so I can't upload it to the forum... It is about 900kB and the limit is 500.  Would a mod or admin be able to?  I don't think an external link is allowed is it?
- Andrew
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2013 at 5:15PM
Andrew,

I am very interesting in hosting this.

Please PM me and we can arrange you to send it to me.

If it is your final version, please put your name and a copyright on it, just to protect yourself and you Intellectual Property. When it goes live on the internet, no telling who will swipe it and claim it as their own - and that is the last thing I would want.

I remember there is a guy that hosts a bunch of car brochures from cars of long ago (like ours for example), and he claims that an outfit selling them actually downloaded his and started selling them. NUTS!
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
 Post Reply Post Reply