The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gran Torino (movie car)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ale8oneboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gran Torino (movie car)
    Posted: 17-January-2010 at 1:50PM
Hey guys. I'm doing some research on the '72 Gran Torino Sport from the movie Gran Torino. I just posted up an article on my blog (please let me know if i need to remove the link). But I wanted to know if anyone else that has seen the movie, if maybe they've noticed any engine shots. Could it be possible to identify what engine was in the movie car? From my research the Gran Torino Sport, base engine was the 302. Any extra details would be helpful.

Thanks!

http://onscreencars.com/movies/gran-torino-1972-gran-torino-sport/

Edited by ale8oneboy - 17-January-2010 at 1:52PM
moose0211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moose0211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2010 at 2:28PM
It is probably a 351 cleveland 4v (cobrajet). I think so because of the few pics in the movie and the scene where the kid is trying to steel it they say "......a 351 cobrajet....". Also on the extra disc Clint say that its a cobra jet. Hope this helps and I love your blog!
ale8oneboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ale8oneboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2010 at 2:36PM
Thanks for the input. I'll prob update that post with that info. I think I recall the scene your talking about.
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2010 at 3:09PM
the car is an H code, 351c 2v.  there was a really good article on it in the march/april 2009 Fairlaner magazine.
Classicfitness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Classicfitness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2010 at 3:20PM
Good article to read.  You did a great job at describing the GTS. Thumbs Up

'72 GTS 351-4b Gold Glow

'75 Elite 400 Polar White

My car blog: www.fordtorino72.blogspot.com

ale8oneboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ale8oneboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2010 at 12:11AM
Thanks for all your help guys. I just updated the post on the site. I've given this forum full credit with a link back to this post. Don't worry, I'll be around in part of discussion. I spent the first part of my childhood riding around in a 1976 Torino. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply