The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Griffin Max Cool Combo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcred45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Griffin Max Cool Combo?
    Posted: 28-October-2013 at 10:36AM
Has anybody run or seen any of the Griffin MaxCool systems like this one http://www.griffinrad.com/load_details11.php?PartID=495&id=CU-56242-01&key_id=CU-56242-&year=All&make=Ford,Dodge&model=Racer&select_Main_Group=&select_Sub_Group=&select_Sub_Group_model=&select_Sub_Group_Engine=&select_Sub_Group_HorsePower=
Being that they are around $750 I just wanted to see if anybody has any experience with them before I commit.
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2013 at 7:41AM
Never have run them, but I do know that some of the aluminum radiators out there fit our cars, others do not, do be careful with that.

For me, I was going to re-use my 4 row factory style radiator (the 4 rows was a custom build by a good shop), and then add a large electric dual fan to it.

What they seem to be offering seems intriguing, but the fit would worry me and also the part about the old saying - you get the VCR/TV combo and one dies, you lose both.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2013 at 9:14AM
I'm worried about the price, it seems to be an awful lot for a radiator and 2 fans. You should search, they have cheaper unit that fits, you just need to weld the brackets.
Dcred45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcred45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2013 at 1:40PM

I sent them an email asking which of their products they would suggest for my Torino, which is a bit radical. They returned my email within a couple hours but the price is hard to swallow.

"The part number you would need for your 72 Torino with built in transmission cooler would be 7-572BN-FAX. This unit is rated to cool 700-800 HP in the Texas heat with no issues.45

The cost for the radiator is 684.00 plus shipping. We offer a high CFM dual fan kit for that radiator with aluminum shroud, dual Spal fans, wiring/relays, and cap. The cost for the complete ready to drop in kit will be 1054.00 plus shipping.

Regards

Ben Durham

Griffin Thermal Products

800-722-3723"

Post Reply Post Reply