The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letting car sit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letting car sit
    Posted: 23-July-2010 at 10:49AM
I am going to be joining the Army here soon, due to unforeseen circumstances, so would my Torino be okay in storage? Should I train the gas or anything?

It would be stored in atleast sections for 3 months each minimum. Cry
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2010 at 11:02AM
Three months at a time shouldn't be any problem. The only thing I'd be sure to do is put fuel stabilizer in the gas tank. The up-side of leaving gas in it is you can jump in and go when you get a spare moment. A short run every now and then (if possible) lubricates the engine, transmission and rear end, as well as keeping rust on the brakes to a minimum. That's my opinion, for what it's worth.

Stan
The_Trooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2010 at 11:03AM
Alright yeah I hopefully can drive it and still put my heart into it, i got to find a place to put it now :(
albo74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2010 at 5:49AM
 It is always best to have it inside with a good cover ,even still in addtion to stabil,  diconnect battery windows up ect.. I put a small container of damp rid in the car,for the mustees,  and moth balls under hood and around , insects, mice.... have chewed up many a good interior , pay for insurance, fire and theft . you may need a appraisal,  but then you can think about more important things ,  You Be Safe .

Edited by albo74 - 24-July-2010 at 5:57AM
albos73gts
The_Trooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2010 at 6:31PM
alright will take note of everything, thank you! :)
twintornados View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2010 at 8:02AM
Keep your head down Trooper.....need all the Torino fans we can muster...good luck in your Army career...
Sold the Elite so now the hunt is on for my next "toy"...
 Post Reply Post Reply