The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordluvr4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 06-September-2022 at 1:48PM
Hi all!!  Been a Ford car lover since I was 7 yrs old.  My uncle had a Torino GT back when I was 7.  I've loved the Torino since.  Working on a 1971 Torino 500 two door right now.  Sat for 25 years.  Has 62715 original miles on it.  Did a carb kit, spark plugs, and plug wires, and it started right up!   Anyways,  thank you for letting me be part of this forum!!
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2022 at 2:15PM
Welcome 
Steve M.
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2022 at 3:11PM
That is excellent. I hope you have video to show us. 
Fordluvr4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordluvr4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2022 at 2:01AM
For some reason I cannot figure out how to upload a video.  
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2022 at 2:31AM
Welcome to the forum!  You have been upgraded to a new member so now you have full forum privileges.  You will be able to upload pics to the forum, but not videos.  If you want to post a video, upload to YouTube and then post it via the film strip icon.  If you need help, let me know.

Show us you're 71 Torino when you have a chance.

Edited by 72FordGTS - 07-September-2022 at 3:32AM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2022 at 6:23AM
Welcome!
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2022 at 9:58AM
Oh, and we want more info! What driveline does it have? Many combinations were avaliable from what I have seen online.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordluvr4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2022 at 1:07PM
It's a 302 car by the VIN.  That's what it has in it.  Three speed automatic, with a 9 inch rear end.  I'm a bit at a loss right now, though.  The VIN says it's a 71 Torino 500 with 302 engine.  But the rear quarter panels say Fairlane 500.  I pulled the gas tank out, as it's full of rust from sitting for 25 years.  But by the looks of it, it's a gas tank from a 68-69.  Seems as though this car may be a Frankenstein.....  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2022 at 5:09PM
Lots of them are made from parts cars to keep them alive. Marti report will give you all the good info.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordluvr4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2022 at 1:50AM
This car was owned by my fiances late mother from 1975, until she passed a few years ago.  It was a daily driver from 75 until 98 when parked.  My fiance says her mom never had any work done to it.  So, I'm guessing it was possibly wrecked in the few years it was not owned by her.  We basically want to get it back to a decent condition, as this car was her mother's, and she always wanted to fix it up.  I've done a lot of checking, and finally figured out that the gas tank is actually from a 70.  The F53A tank, for a 1970, seems to be unavailable.  Unless someone here knows of a source?  I'll try to get some pics of the car this weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply