The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEWBIE
    Posted: 26-October-2021 at 10:09AM
HI new to the forum
based in london UK, currently running a 70 torino 302 hardtop coupe and a 72 GTS 400 auto hardtop, which i just finished needed sme tlc, lowered it added 17" AR wheels engine has been upgraded with edlbock perfomer manifold with holley 700 d/p
will add photos when allowed
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2021 at 12:12PM
Welcome aboard!  Very cool that you own two Torinos, especially in the UK.  I have upgraded you so you have full forum privileges and can post pics.  Let's see those Torinos!
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
spriegel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spriegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2021 at 1:51PM
Welcome to the forum.  Looking forward to seeing your Torinos!
Chris
Fairview, PA
'1973 Ford Gran Torino
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2021 at 4:42PM
welcome!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2021 at 5:28PM
   There is so much info here, you will not be disappointed.  Welcome aboard and post pics when you can.
yellow66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2021 at 7:26PM
here are some pics of cars
the GTS has A/C, heated rear window, power windows, power steering and power disc brakes, edlbrock inlet and holley 750 d/pumper and i have lowered both cars.
The 70 is mostly original could do with repaint as very thin in places, its a 302 auto with headers still running the original carb, has power steering and i upgraded it to power disc brakes.and put on a new vinyl top as it was perished
I have always loved the pre 73 american cars my first being a 68 mustang fastback 390gt manual in 1980 and have had a car most of the time and now have a small collection of other 60 & 70 cars which are users and 3 current projects which i must finish before i get to old LOL
1 thing i am curious to find out is, i cant find the GTS interior specification anywhere as its velour so not sure if it was special order cloth or how to see if the cars are numbers matching as i think they might be any advice welcome hope you like.

handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2021 at 2:27AM
  Beautiful cars.
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2021 at 3:06AM
Welcome aboard.  stunning cars!
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2021 at 11:37AM
both cars are very nice! i don't recall seeing velour in those years factory but i could be wrong?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2021 at 3:06PM
WeWelcome and very nice cars 
Steve M.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2021 at 12:24PM
Beautiful Torinos!  I made a new topic to answer your upholstery question.  See the posts here:

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
yellow66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2021 at 7:11PM
thankyou for the welcoming comments
I few more pics
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2021 at 8:16PM
same color combination as my mom's 75 i blew up in highschoolCry
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
yellow66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2021 at 8:20PM
AT LEAST A NEW ENGINE BACK THEN WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAP
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2021 at 8:28PM
yeah but it was a 351m... couldn't find a used one and didn't know other engines and tranny combinations would bolt right in... sold the car for $100 Cry and it was as nice as yours! now try to find one that nice for that price Cry
 fast forward 35 years... i bought a rusted 74 for $1,100 and about $12k more i have what i wantedClap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
texanrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texanrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2021 at 10:27PM
Very nice collection of Torinos! Just curious, what is the reaction of the locals in the U.K.when you are out cruising? When I'm out here it's pretty funny to see the looks, requests for photos, etc...
1972 Montego GT
1977 Mercury Monarch
1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
yellow66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2021 at 12:00AM
The torino's are not the most sought after of cars, as per normal its the mustangs and mopar that seem to stir the general public, but when car people see them they luv them as they are away from the norm so get quite a bit of interest and prices are cheaper here than the states when a 70/71 comes up for sale, just recently a N/WEST 71 302 IN GOOD ORDER WAS FOR SALE FOR £20K cheap IMO,
but people are now looking for alternatives to buyand drive so they will go up hopefully lol
     when weather is kind to us i try to do a few shows or sunday morning meets.
reaction's great, genealy people of all ages luv the clasic american cars just for their presence and the V8 sound. Even the wife who isnt really a car person just luvs the classic looks but it must sound right, if it doesnt rumble she's not bothered.
Quite a big scene here of people from all backgronds.
This weekend there is a meet which has been running since the 80's in chelsea, london, called the chelsea cruise, forecast is rain and it gets dark about 6pm and temp is about 9 degrees C so cars get a bit thin on the ground, not the same as a summers night when it might go on till 11pm ,
so now they will be wrapped up in the garage till next year unless we get a dry sunny day when ther is no salt on the roads
texanrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texanrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2021 at 11:08PM
Thanks for the response! That is pretty cool, especially the wifes reaction! We like the rumble as well...Beer
1972 Montego GT
1977 Mercury Monarch
1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
 Post Reply Post Reply