The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Small Block Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PCV Valve connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damo70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCV Valve connection
    Posted: 25-October-2010 at 12:49AM
I was wondering whether some one could help me. I have changed my intake manifold to an edelbrock streetmaster 4V along with a holley 600 carby. I now do not know however were the PCV valve connects after to? The motor is a 351w on a 75 Gran Torino.
Finally the charcoal pot has 2 connections on it. There is a pipe from the air intake which I have however the second port sticking up leads no were. Does any one know what it should connect to?
Cheers
Damian
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2010 at 5:55AM
Does the holley have a large vacuum port at the base in the rear? or the front?

PCV goes there.

The charcoal box on these usually has two ports.. a large 1" diameter paper hose (!) that goes to the air intake, and a small rubber hose that goes to the hard fuel tank vent line, which should be near the charcoal box on the frame.

Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
Damo70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damo70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2010 at 3:07AM

There is no PVVon the carby. I will need to buy a 4 barrel plate which has the connection or upgrade carb. It is a case of getting a new carb with everything ready to go or get this one rebuilt. I think I will get a new holley 600.

Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply