Print Page | Close Window

Question: What the heck are they called ?

Printed From: The Ford Torino Page
Category: Model Specific Forum
Forum Name: 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
Forum Description: Technical discussion for 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
Printed Date: 28-November-2023 at 4:56AM
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 -

Topic: Question: What the heck are they called ?
Posted By: JackOC
Subject: Question: What the heck are they called ?
Date Posted: 19-May-2021 at 5:53AM

Maybe a dumb question but I have tried to find these and don't know what they are called:

I need the 2 little plastic (maybe aluminum?) blocks/spacers (or whatever they are called) that go at the bottom of the rear (large) window on a 68 69 fastback. They are black about 2" long x 3/8 wide x 3/8 tall and go in the channel of the window frame at the bottom to space window up while installing the sticky stuff and setting window. 

They got all rolled up in the weather stripping gunk when removing window and I threw them out like a dummy Cry.... Any help would be appreciated... Website etc or at least the name? I tried window spacers, blocks, mounts with no luck 

Thanks guys

Jack H

Posted By: aquartlow
Date Posted: 19-May-2021 at 7:58AM
I would not want metal to touch the glass, too leery of the contact point causing a crack/break. Try to find some 3/8" thick ABS plastic and make them yourself, using a table saw will help.

Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.

Posted By: piper62j
Date Posted: 20-May-2021 at 2:10PM
I believe they are all the same for Ford with the glued in glass.. look into these:" rel="nofollow - 3 OLD SCHOOL WINDSHIELD SETTING BLOCKS! FORD TORINO MUSTANG FAIRLANE GT 817-19Z | eBay
As long as the back glass is centered within the pinch welds and prevented from sliding down, you can use almost anything to support it.. I've used older tooth brush handles ( when they were square), cut up pieces of plastic shims glued together.. Just get the dimensions you need with the glass centered in the pinch welds and make what you need.. The set blocks just keep the glass from sliding downward and are hidden by the surround moldings.

Posted By: Rockatansky
Date Posted: 21-May-2021 at 4:46PM
1972 + use a similar setting block at the bottom edge of the glass,

i figured i'll probably lose mine so i came up with using the rubber section of a universal exhaust hanger trimmed to size when i do

72 GT Ute

Posted By: JackOC
Date Posted: 01-June-2021 at 7:55AM
Thanks guys, I actually did the 3/8 abs thing just cut little squares about 2" long seems right...I hope :-)

Jack H

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 -
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. -