Forum Description: 351C, 351M and 400 engines
URL: https://forum.grantorinosport.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=20298
Printed Date: 28-March-2024 at 10:20PM
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dual pionts 351cj?
Posted By: Anderslober
Subject: Dual pionts 351cj?
Date Posted: 26-July-2022 at 9:31PM
QQ……was the distributor on the 72/351cj/4sp originally a dual points? Originally…..
I think my car still had its original distributor and itbwas single points…….but that could have changed through the years though….

Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: Yellosn
Date Posted: 27-July-2022 at 7:46AM
This is the one that came on my ‘72/4speed. It has a date stamp of 2C27 and the car was bucked on 4/26/72.  I have had a hard time finding much info online with pics and part numbers. The only info I found was the short forum entry on BOSS302 registry from 2007. I’d like to learn more about whether/ how often these were installed in automatic cars and correct vac advance canisters. I think mine is factory, but I’ve seen some pics of the one piece style as well.Anyway, hope this helps.

-------------
Troy Emerson
Eugene, Oregon
1972 GTS 4speed

Posted By: handsofstone
Date Posted: 27-July-2022 at 6:18PM
Is that two DeWalt tools there? Trying to figure out which ones they are. I suspect one is a light. Lol

Posted By: 72 RS 351
Date Posted: 28-July-2022 at 4:39AM
Originally posted by handsofstone handsofstone wrote:

Is that two DeWalt tools there? Trying to figure out which ones they are. I suspect one is a light. Lol

Do you like the Dewalt 20v tools? I ask because I have several brands, I began with just the two Craftsman, 19.2 and 12v Nextec. Then as I needed other tools and certain brands had better choices, I discovered how to mix batteries.

I love the Milwaukee yard tools, I had tried a couple of my neighbor's, and had already bought an adapter to use Dewalt batteries for my C3 tools. They make one for the Milwaukee tools also, which those brand batteries are about the highest. So I got the Milwaukee yard tool set without batteries. The adapter was about $22, and now I use the 20V Dewalt batteries for the line trimmer, pole saw, edge trimmer, and the nice long hedge trimmer. All of the batteries are very expensive, but let's not buy a bunch of every brand.

-------------
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W

Posted By: lynchster
Date Posted: 09-August-2022 at 12:21PM
The dual point distributor that came on my car had a vacuum advance with two vacuum ports.

-------------
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"

Posted By: handsofstone
Date Posted: 09-August-2022 at 12:47PM
Originally posted by 72 RS 351 72 RS 351 wrote:

Originally posted by handsofstone handsofstone wrote:

Do you like the Dewalt 20v tools? I ask because I have several brands, I began with just the two Craftsman, 19.2 and 12v Nextec. Then as I needed other tools and certain brands had better choices, I discovered how to mix batteries.

I love the Milwaukee yard tools, I had tried a couple of my neighbor's, and had already bought an adapter to use Dewalt batteries for my C3 tools. They make one for the Milwaukee tools also, which those brand batteries are about the highest. So I got the Milwaukee yard tool set without batteries. The adapter was about $22, and now I use the 20V Dewalt batteries for the line trimmer, pole saw, edge trimmer, and the nice long hedge trimmer. All of the batteries are very expensive, but let's not buy a bunch of every brand.
  I have a full set of Dewalt as well as some Milwaukee cordless tools. They all wear out over time but anything brushless is better in my mind.

Posted By: MrSmog
Date Posted: 10-August-2022 at 8:05PM
Originally posted by lynchster lynchster wrote:

The dual point distributor that came on my car had a vacuum advance with two vacuum ports.

thats how my 4spd cars distributor was, sold it for insane money. From what I gather, no auto cars came with a dual point dist, was a 4spd only item.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net