The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project TV 2M8O

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spriegel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spriegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2022 at 9:18AM
Hi Joe,

Checking in, how are things progressing w/ the new shop?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Spriegel
Fairview, PA
'1973 Ford Gran Torino
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2022 at 3:28AM
Brief update... the Tomato has been moved into it's work area, a little preliminary sanding done and it is in the on deck circle. A couple collision jobs and I think there was one last build being wrapped up when I stopped in week before last. I need to stop in this coming week to finalize a couple things on how I want the painting done and to see where we are now in the project queue. Fingers crossed.....

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
spriegel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spriegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2022 at 7:56AM
Great news Joe.  Keep us posted.

-Chris
Chris Spriegel
Fairview, PA
'1973 Ford Gran Torino
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2022 at 7:08PM
 keep on those guys, buddy!Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2022 at 6:24AM
Well popped in at Moore's Body Shop on my way home from work Wednesday and was greeted with a surprise.... work has begun on the Tomato!! Seems the GTO that is in line ahead of her has had some frame damage and is off at the frame shop being repaired and looks like it's gonna take a while it get it straightened out, so they started doing some work on the Torino.

They pulled the doors and front sheetmetal to begin working the body and Bill noticed something didn't look right about the driver's side rear quarter. After comparing it to the passenger side, he found the quarter was bowed in about an inch and a quarter above the rear wheel opening!! Seems the replacement of the quarter panel had been botched at some point in the past, so his first order of business was to split the panel open and work the panel out to where it was supposed to be and closed it back up and finessed it.

So work is underway and it looks like I MOVED IT TO THE RIGHT SHOP and I'm eager to watch her progress back to perfection!!!!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2022 at 6:30AM
Looking good and keep the updates coming! Clap
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
spriegel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spriegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2022 at 6:54AM
Great news Joe!  We'll be looking forward to the progress updates!

-Chris
Chris Spriegel
Fairview, PA
'1973 Ford Gran Torino
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2022 at 7:28AM
That must have been a happy moment for sure. Looking foreward to the progress.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2022 at 1:14PM
Happy to see that the car is finally getting worked on again.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2022 at 12:37PM
Stopped in the shop this past week to drop off the trim that Bill wanted to have for the roof rail, quarter window and body side molding. Found it all but the quarter window trim, so I still need to dig that out of my new stuff if I can't find the old ones I took off.

On a positive note, they are still working on the Torino body and it's really taking shape. Bill wanted the trim to confirm it is all going to fit up nicely as it should. Here are a few pictures of the work being done....

and he even got the pass thru plate welded in.

She's coming along slowly, but at least it's getting done!!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Compton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2022 at 12:40PM
damn right...any progress is better than headaches frustration and empty promises...
torinomike650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinomike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2022 at 6:48AM
Looking good Joe! 
Mike

1974 Ford Gran Torino
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738