The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quarter window felt replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quarter window felt replacement
    Posted: 23-June-2012 at 1:31AM
So, I have resumed work on my 1976 Montego MX and and stumped on the window felt kits for the quarter windows. My Q/windows are stationary and I noticed that the window felt is shot...ordered up some replacements from Dearborn Classics....and they seem "incomplete" to me....has anyone else put these in and what steps did you take to ensure your glass is properly sealed so that moisture does not get down into the lower wheel well region in front of the rear tire opening?
Sold the Elite so now the hunt is on for my next "toy"...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2012 at 4:09AM
the 72-73 Gran Torino's have a functioning back window and the felt or fuzzies just keep the dirty out but water can an does still get in there.there are drain holes in the rocker to let it out.
the fixed window on the 74-7 model cars may have a different gasket and I never owned one o worked on one bu i'm assuming they are different but maybe the Dearborn kits have the functional fuzzies and wont work as it should probably have a solid rubber seal around the glass and seal up against the metal.

Someone with a 74-76 could tell you better what it has the Montego will have the same as a Gran Torino as it's basically the same shell just different outer sheet metal
 Post Reply Post Reply