The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick Fuel Carb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Fuel Carb
    Posted: 14-March-2024 at 8:51AM
I am thinking of dumping my Holley 670 SA and going to a Quick Fuel HR-680-VS. I found a good deal on one.

Anyone have any experience with these carbs? They have decent reviews on Summit.

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2024 at 12:22PM
Hey Vince, I haven't tried a Quick Fuel carb yet, supposed to be an upgrade over a Holley, but who knows. I do know the Holley Sa's are usually too lean just off idle-the idle feed restrictor in the primary metering block usually needs upsized about .001-.003" another issue is the vacuum tube needs to be installed in the primaries for correct activation of the vacuum secondaries. Here's a pic of said tube:
How to Custom Tune a Holley Vacuum Secondary Carb - Hot Rod Network
Sometimes Holley omitted these for some unknown reason, leaving only a hole in the venturi wall, without the tube the secondaries will not fully open or sometimes not open at all. Easy to fix but requires apiece of 1/8" brass tube and an appropriate drill bit. Hope this helps. sorry for the large image.
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2024 at 12:28AM
Thanks Todd. I only run a 670SA (I think you have the bigger 770 based on a 750 carb?) which has the main body and metering blocks from the classic 600. I have the carb tuned well with an AFR, but it just never seemed as crisp and responsive as I wanted.  I found the a local vendor selling the QF for a great deal, so I figured maybe I should give it a shot and I can sell my SA and get most of my money back.  It apparently has better metering blocks, downleg boosters, replaceable airbleeds, and I think might be a better match for my engine.

I may give it shot and try it out, just wanted to see if anyone else has run one here. 
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply