The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shaker hood swap 1970 Torino gt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoptimistGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaker hood swap 1970 Torino gt
    Posted: 14-April-2023 at 3:50AM
Hello! I recently came into possession of a 1970 Torino GT with a 351 Cleveland in it. This was my father in laws car and before he passed he purchased a shaker hood and air cleaner assembly a friend of his had on a ranchero. My question is will the shaker work with the stock intake manifold or do I need one with a riser? Also the tubing is different from the stock assembly and I can’t seem to find a breakdown of what lines go where. Thank you in advance!
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-April-2023 at 12:35PM
If you got the shaker for a 351C, the best case scenario for it to fit would be with a stock intake.  Going to an aftermarket intake may cause issues as it might lift the carb too high for proper fitment.  

That said, you can modify things to make it work for your combo.  Check out this page on modding a Mustang air cleaner with a taller than stock aftermarket intake.

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply