The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Four Doors and Wagons
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

She finally made it home.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanewherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She finally made it home.
    Posted: 01-August-2021 at 3:22PM
So I finally got the wagon home. She is a lot rougher than told and not a driver at all. I almost did not make her home. The tires are very squared and the brakes became non existent on my drive home. 

Here are some pics 
1973 Gran Torino Wagon
400/C6
shanewherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanewherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 3:24PM
1973 Gran Torino Wagon
400/C6
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 3:24PM
    How about a little back story to spice things up? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanewherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 3:24PM
1973 Gran Torino Wagon
400/C6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanewherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 3:25PM
1973 Gran Torino Wagon
400/C6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanewherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 3:26PM
1973 Gran Torino Wagon
400/C6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanewherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 3:37PM
So the back story is that I bought this car sight unseen from a old guy in Montana. Told me it was a great driver car and the price was $1600.00. Then I tried to get the car shipped to Canada right after the sale and the seller did not have the title in his name. So after 4 long months of back and forth plus him having a heart attack, the car was finally titled to the seller so he could sell to me and the border could release the car to be exported to Canada. So with in a couple days the car was finally shipped to me at my work. 

Obviously the condition of the car did disappoint me but I like a challenge. 
1973 Gran Torino Wagon
400/C6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanewherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 3:39PM
1973 Gran Torino Wagon
400/C6
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 4:06PM
well—you were told the truth. You were told it was a great driver car, and apparently that is completely 100% accurate............just like he said———
 It WAS a great driver car.  It sure WAS. I bet you never asked how long ago “WAS” was........

I’m glad it’s home for you though. :)

That seat cover on the front seat is the same cover I had put  on my 1980 F250 !!!!!

Lol,

Dfox
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 4:19PM
   Not bad for the money.  Nightmare is over.
Compton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2021 at 6:04PM
For $1600 I reckon it’s actually pretty good…that interior looks phenomenal for the price…outside and underneath looks pretty solid too…patina’s cool now remember…chuck some salt flats on it and you’ll be the envy of all the local hipsters
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2021 at 12:44AM
Agreed.  Although not as advertised, $1600 is a good deal, based on the pictures.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
 Post Reply Post Reply