The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shifter mechanism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmarc28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shifter mechanism
    Posted: 25-June-2018 at 6:00PM
Hey everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. finally got my Ranchero running and shifting better. I changed the clutch fork had to put in a spacer to move up the clutch bracket in the Lakewood bell-housing. It definitely made a huge difference on how the car shifts now. 

Next thing is replacing my old mechanism. I was wondering what everyone is using. I have a Toploader and am using a 3913180  Hurst mechanism. I want to either get a new 3913180 or something different that is why I am writing to see what everyone is running.  
any insight anyone can provide would be mush appreciated, reason im looking is because i plan on getting a customs shift handle made the cat I talked to suggested I should look into a super shifter. 
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2018 at 4:52AM
the 3180 i think is the only regular shifter for our year except until you start looking at the inline V-Gate shifters but they offset the stick to keep it centered in the console. the V-Gate sticks are short & straight and usually need to modify or remove the console and floor hump

this is the guy to call http://www.hurst-shifters.com/
72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply