The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the secret to instaling the dash pad?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderslober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the secret to instaling the dash pad?
    Posted: 14-March-2023 at 4:38AM
I am working hard on my 70 Cyclone. What is the secret to getting the dash ‘pushed in’?
The three clips are in their holes, but I just cant push the dash in the last bit. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Clips pictured👇the long end goes into the small slots under the windshield…correct? I can get the long ends in the slots, but cant push the dash in…🤕

Edited by 72FordGTS - 15-March-2023 at 6:04AM
Anderslober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderslober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2023 at 7:31AM
Crud!…just checked the book….clips go in opposite way!😑
Anyway,…..will turn them around and try again.

schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2023 at 2:11AM
Did you have any luck getting the pad installed?  There are clips with a shorter tab on one end that may help.  Sounds like Ford re-did the clips sometime late 70 to 71.  My 69 used the shorter ones. See link below:

Edited by schufitz - 15-March-2023 at 2:27AM
Dave
1969 Torino GT/351W 2V/FMX/Vinyl Top/Black Jade/Gold Stripes/Nugget Gold Buckets/Console/Racing Mirrors/AC/PS/PDB
Anderslober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderslober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2023 at 2:30AM
I got the dash in today. I had the long clips….turned them around and it worked fine.
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2023 at 2:45AM
Thumbs Up
Dave
1969 Torino GT/351W 2V/FMX/Vinyl Top/Black Jade/Gold Stripes/Nugget Gold Buckets/Console/Racing Mirrors/AC/PS/PDB
 Post Reply Post Reply