The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More Engine Ideas (was TMeyer 400 Kit)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Engine Ideas (was TMeyer 400 Kit)
    Posted: 12-December-2010 at 8:27AM
I know Tim is a busy guy, so I wanted to ask this here (and on the busy 335 section of FTE) what else I would need besides this kit...

Balanced 400 Rotating Assembly
$1199.00

...and these bits from Summmit:

CompCams Dual Energy 265DEH with lifters, valve springs and seals, timing set ($408)
CompCams stamped steel rocker arms, 1.73 ratio ($145)
ARP Intake Manifold Bolts ($27)
ARP Cylinder Head Bolts ($79)
ARP Main Cap Bolts ($33)
Airtex Fuel Pump ($21)
FelPro Valley Pan and intake gasket and sealant ($34)
Milodon Oil Pan Bolts ($7)
Mr. Gasket Overhaul Set ($44)
Sealed Power Oil Pump (std vol/std press) ($33)
Sealed Power Cam Bearings (set of 5) ($28)
Summit High Volume Water Pump ($65)

...and these Machine Shop Charges:

clean and prep block $75 (incl Magnaflux, honing, freeze plugs)
bore 8 cylinders to .030/.040 $80
cam bearing installation $35
hook 8 rods & pistons $48
clean and prep 2 heads $120

Total from Summit $894.00 plus $12.95 shipping
Total from TMeyer $1199.00 plus $??.?? shipping
Total from Ennis Machine Shop $358.00 plus tax on parts

I'm looking at $2460ish already and that's assuming my block, heads, and intake are all good and usable. I'm also not sure if that kit from TMeyer is a straight up 400 or some kind of stroker kit. Either way it's enough bits to turn my 351M into a 400. I would also need soft parts and sensors and such, radiator hoses, filters, fluids, belts, all that.

I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything or buying more than I need. It will be what I do with tax refund money in February. My wife gets a few thousand towards her Explorer, the house gets a fat principal payment, the kids will get new summer clothes and a few other things.

For now I'm about to drop the hammer on a 1993 Chrysler New Yorker from an impound auction. It's $250 now and I hope to get it for under $400. I talked to the driver who towed it in and he says it drives fine, guy was hauled in on a domestic violence warrant and he had a handgun in it, violating his restraining order. He's not getting out for a couple years. This ought to get me around fine for awhile and save me a ton of money on oil. I'm definitely taking that purple tint off the one window, though!

Edited by occupant - 12-December-2010 at 1:59PM
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2010 at 8:46AM
gonna need a new torque converter, oil transmission cooler, carburetor, plugs, headers, at least dizzy cap and arrow, break-in oil, 2 oil filters, 10 quarts of oil, assembly lube, loctite, coolant, air filter, fuel filter, ...
trust me, be there, done that, parts list is always getting bigger and bigger
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2010 at 1:58PM
And of course as soon as I post this, I come up with something else. Another pipe dream I'm sure, but this one might work if I can get the cash in time...

'72 351CJ complete less carb for $500, 10K into a rebuild with RV cam

I'll need a carb, SBF bellhousing for the FMX (found a no good FMX for $25 has the bellhousing I need), and not sure what else.

I'm hoping this has the older 70-71 intake on it so I can use any square bore carb (Edelbrocks all over DFW CL for $100ish), or slap a $20 adapter on it and use my 2150 for now. That or I have to locate a usable 4300D carb. Yikes. I'm also hoping the 351M exhaust manifolds will fit it. If not, I may be out another $200+ for a pair of 4V manifolds. Guy claims it runs out nice but he needed the carb for his 351W Fox body Mustang.

I just got paid for the Snap-On bits I sold so I have like $160 so far. Friday is payday and I might add $300 to that. I hope it's enough for him, and he said he'll drop it off at the shop in town here. Then I gotta save up for whatever other bits and the $400 or so in labor to install it all.

I might have my car running strong by mid-January. Then $400 of tires and I'll be good to make the show in September.

So as far as this thread goes. I don't know. Wish I could retitle it.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2010 at 2:10PM
I was gonna say... WTF!?

$2500??
If you had that much money sitting around you could find an already BUILT and RUNNING motor from someone.
NO WAY would I do $2500 on parts to put in your car. Heck that's not even counting all the little things you need!
Glad you found something more resonable!
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2010 at 5:20AM
Yeah if I could come up with nearly 3K then I could get a racing kind of motor. Like this Keith Craft 331 short block for $1000 and then a pair of aluminum heads. Or this late 90s Cobra engine complete with ECM and all for $1850.

I think the 351CJ will work. I can change bellhousing to SBF for like $25. Then I think the motor mounts will be the same, if not, I'm sure I can find someone with a Q-code on here who swapped to a 429 or something and buy their mounts. Everything else will be things I'd already be buying, like belts, hoses, plugs, wires, etc.

This guy and I are playing phone tag now.

edit1: 351C and 351M-400 motor mounts are ALMOST the same and available in repro for $39.99 a set so I'm certainly willing to spend the $40 to have the right shape and not worry about a third bolt hole not attached to anything.

edit2: he's willing to hold it til this weekend so I'm bugging the wife for more work projects we can bill between now and Friday...even if I have to leave it at my mechanic's shop for a couple weeks to save up for the carb, mounts, bellhousing, and his labor, I'm willing to do all that if he has an engine stand available to hold it.

QUESTION: would I want to use the flexplate and converter from my 351M-FMX I have now, or pick something else out? I believe this CJ has a flexplate but no converter, and was hooked up to a small pattern C6. So maybe I should put my bits on instead?

Edited by occupant - 13-December-2010 at 5:42AM
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2010 at 5:57AM
Originally posted by occupant occupant wrote:

'72 351CJ complete less carb for $500, 10K into a rebuild with RV cam

If it's a 4 bolt main and not hogged out over .030 it's golden.
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2010 at 8:13AM
He says the rebuild was 4 years and 10K ago and it's .030 over with an RV cam. I think that's going to be appropriate for this car.
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2010 at 12:08PM
OK, guy called back and I managed to catch him this time. It's got an Edelbrock manifold so I can use a regular square bore carb on it. No fruitless 4300D searching! It's only been out of his truck for a month. Ready to drop a carb on and go. He also said if I can come get it when he comes back in town Friday morning, he'll take $400. I'm ecstatic!
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2010 at 3:55PM
GOOD DEAL!

Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2010 at 12:45AM
Local mechanic claims he has a few older square bore carbs and at least one says Motorcraft on it, he thinks a couple are fresh enough to go right on, $50-$100 depending on what he finds on his shelf. Maybe it's a 4150/4160 or something that would look right. Or I can spend about $100-$150 on CL or eBay and get a pretty fresh Holley or Edelbrock. Worst case, a reman Edelbrock 1405 carb is $199 at Summit right now.
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2010 at 1:12AM
i find few companies that sell rebuilt car for the same price or less, they also sell carters, deamon, rochester for 170$-200$
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2010 at 1:51AM
Wife just informed me our main client is thrilled with our performance for this calendar year. She got a $1000 Christmas bonus which she can invoice for Friday morning, and both of us got dollar per hour raises (so I now make $12/hr and she makes $14/hr). She's willing to share some of it, so that covers the $400 labor for the install.

Anyone want to take bets on when my car will be roadworthy with the 351CJ? LOL...seems to be a recurring theme around here. I'll make a thread about it as soon as I walk in the door Friday after dropping the motor and my car off at Windell's shop. I'll make that dropoff Friday, then I'll have the weekend to gather the SBF FMX bellhousing and a carb of some sort if none of his work, and I could be driving my car without the crazy oil burning by Christmas!

I don't need a lot of carb. There's 550cfm Holleys out there, I think one of those would be ideal, or a 600cfm Holley or Edelbrock. I do miss the simplicity of the Edelbrock carbs I had on Strong Bad I and II. The 302 in Strong Bad I was over-carb'd, but I was able to swap to smaller jets in front and make it not too bad. That truck's biggest problem was the choke so I made it manual using the stock choke cable. I don't want a choke cable on this car so I want electric. I think that means the 1406 Edelbrock, which costs a little more new but is the most common used one I see on eBay and CL. One 1406 has been sitting for 3mos and is $80. I think that's fresh enough to just put on and go. I can rebuild it later if it starts leaking or something.
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2010 at 2:34AM
if only i could pass by, you could save those 400$, but i'm pretty sure i can't come this month, even in january
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2010 at 2:55AM
Oh it's all good, it was either this or spend a ton of money to rebuild my engine. The CJ will be a lot better than the M and it'll still hook up the same except for the bellhousing.

Just dropped Amy's truck off over there and took a look at the carbs he has. He has a bunch of shelf garbage but one of them is in real good shape, 650cfm Edelbrock Thunder AVS with electric choke. He wants $100 for it. I think that will be almost perfect although I'd rather have that 1406 economy Performer carb. Oh well. I'd rather support this guy than drive all the way to Dallas for a 1406, or buy one new. Because if he goes out of business, I'll have to go to Hubbard for mechanical work I can't do myself.
torkair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2010 at 6:04AM
I just saw this, glad your getting a good motor in there!  As for the motor mounts, the M block mounts and the 351CJ mounts are way off, a Cleveland uses plain old small block mounts and the M block motors have their own special mounts (a total PITA for sure).  Anyhow, I have the mounts you need in good condition as well as a Holley 600 with vac secondaries that are just sitting around collecting dust if you're interested, just let me know.
72 Gran Torino "sport"- in progress

73 Ranchero GT- Q code-460/C6/3.25 open rear
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2010 at 10:49AM
I might need a pair of those then. Westar sells them pretty cheap, about $10 each plus tax and $9 shipping for $34.20 total. They also sell 429 and 351M/400 mounts. Found them at Racepages.com, in stock and ready to rock. Are these what I need?

Passenger Side

Driver Side

I think I'll stick with my mechanic's carburetor since it's Edelbrock, same as the manifold, matching parts will sell better later if I decide to go a different route. I'm thinking eventually I'd want to go back to Motorcraft parts, a stock 70-71 intake and a 4150 or 4160 carb.

Torkair, do let me know via PM what you need for your mounts shipped to 76660 and if you'll take PayPal I'll just buy yours and let Windell know it might be a few days before I can get those to him.

Incidentally, RockAuto has Anchor branded mounts, the passenger is cheaper ($7) but the driver side is more ($16). Comes out to $39 shipped from them. Not only are they more expensive, they're a non-stock item and therefore suffer from delayed shipping. I bet there's more sources for these since they're being repro'd by at least one company but can't imagine them being much cheaper!

Edited by occupant - 15-December-2010 at 11:00AM
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2010 at 11:20AM
ANCHOR # 2370 & 2371, you can usually find an online discount code for Rock Auto
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2010 at 4:12PM
Originally posted by occupant occupant wrote:

Passenger Side

Driver Side

I have a potential kernal of information to share. I just did a 351M to 302 swap this summer. Different engine same motor mounts.
Judging from the photos above they will be from a source outside the US. 
It just so happened we had some "tweeking" to do installing the engine/transmission.
First we wound up opening up the holes a bit where they fit up to block to shift them. Next it was better to leave the bolts loose as we had to shift the engine/transmission a bit to line up the transmission mount. It'll work but it ain't drop in. The worse parts were the headers (couldn't find manifolds) and the plenum for the a/c  just sits there mocking you the whole time.

Chuck

Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2010 at 5:13PM
351M & 400 use a 3 bolt to the block engine mount

289, 302/5.0, 351W & 351C use a 2 bolt to the block engine mount

there's no way either group can use the other mounts and make it work

2 bolt mounts in a 72+ Torino are side specific to set the engine angle in the chassis, many other similar looking 2 bolt mounts are the same for both sides(71- Torino, Mustangs, Montegos...)  
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2010 at 12:06PM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

there's no way either group can use the other mounts and make it work

I referencing the the fact that he will be swaping to the same style motor mounts I had to swap to when I installed the 302 / AOD. 

Chuck  
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2010 at 1:43PM
Works for me.

It's on for in the morning. Gonna throw a piece of plywood in the back of the Durango, throw a plastic dropcloth on it, hit an ATM, and head for this shop where it is. 351CJ will be in my mechanic's hands by afternoon. Once I get back in the house I have PayPal funds for Torkair and EliteMan76. Sometime over the weekend or on Monday I'll be headed up to Flower Mound to get that $15 transmission with the bellhousing I need. I'll inventory what all the engine has and doesn't have and make a RockAuto cart from there (I'll probably get plugs, wireset, cap, rotor, a few feet of vacuum hose, who knows what else).

I'm too excited to sleep. Gonna be hell trying to work in the morning knowing I'll only be a few hours away from repowering my car with something SOLID.
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2010 at 6:10AM
That was easy.

Went down to Lowe's, picked up a plastic dropcloth and some bungees, went to the guy's house, fired it up, sounded good though the carb he had on it was garbage (750cfm Edelbrock, manual choke, missing butterfly and only bolted down with 2 nuts). Then he pulled the T-18 off the back, pulled the clutch and flywheel, put the flexplate on, and we loaded it up. 110-120 on all cylinders. It's a strong motor. But alas, it only has 2V heads on it.

It's at the mechanic's shop, he's going to pull the truck manifolds off (one has a broken stud on the pipe end anyway) and get the carburetor changed. I'm waiting on someone to invoice me through PayPal and I'll have mounts on the way, and then I need to locate a bellhousing. The $15 one in Flower Mound might be it, even though I'll spend $30 in gas to go get it. I'll be calling local transmission shops and junkyards to check for a closer one before I go all the way up there.

I put the nicer fan shroud from the wagon in the back of the Torino and told my mechanic to toss the one in there now. He'll source radiator hoses and bend a gas line for the carb that won't be in the way of the AC bracket like it is now. And then add an inline plastic filter before the pump. It's a BRAND new fuel pump on there. I'm happy about that and the fact it runs so easily even with a garbage carb on it.

So it's on. I won't see the car done before Christmas, but as long as I supply the bellhousing and mounts in time, I'll have it the week after.
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2010 at 8:49AM
I think the 2V heads are better for low-end torque than the 4V's anyway. If you liked driving your car with the old engine you're gonna LOVE driving it now. It'll be a real sleeper, even more so with a better rear end ratio. 3:50's would be ideal IMO, when funds allow.
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-December-2010 at 2:34PM
I'm good with my 2.75, the way I drive I could put a 200cid six in it and still have more pedal than I need. But I will enjoy the power because it's there when it's appropriate to do so. I feel bad because I wanted to dyno the worn out 351M before it came out. I wanted to see how much it could still pull, because it was pretty quick to 50-55 or so and after that it was slow but it kept pulling. I had no trouble hitting 90-95mph a year ago but due to crappy tires I was afraid to see how much more it had in it.

That said, I have some 351C specific questions.

This engine has ERSON valve covers. On one side there is a breather filter, big chrome thing. On the other side is a 2-port PCV valve with a fat rubber grommet on the bottom. They look similar to these Pontiac ones I found on eBay:

Since valve covers from 351C, 351M, and 400 interchange, can I just use my stock 351M valve covers on it?

Since I'm bolting this up to an FMX, I need the bellhousing. But since this WAS sitting in front of a C6 at one point, it has a block separation plate for such. So will that one work? Or do I need to find one for a 351C to match an FMX?

Also related, do I use the 351C flexplate which was for the C6 or should I use the one from my 351M engine?

Also related, will the stock converter work with what I'm working with? I don't want a high stall or anything. I want to use this converter. I just want to be sure it will work with the other bellhousing, the other flexplate if needed, things like that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-December-2010 at 5:51PM
V-covers will work

block plate should work as they're both 164 tooth flex's

i've used the FMX flex in a C6 in 2 different swaps so it should work the other way also

stock FMX converter will be fine but check the crank pilot diameter to make sure it correct for the Cleveland crank. i'd test fit the converter to the flex with the flex on the crank to be sure you won't have issues at the wrong moment. as long as the converter has the right pilot & stud pattern you should be good. if there's a drain plug in the converter but no hole in the flex you can make one 

forgot to say that the C6 inspection cover holes may not match the FMX

Edited by Rockatansky - 21-December-2010 at 10:08PM
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2010 at 1:24AM
Awesome, thank you, that simplifies things, flexplate and block plate can stay in place and the FMX inspection plate can just go back on since I am definitely using the FMX that shifts great and not the C6 I didn't grab which was dead anyway.

I'll make sure Windell test fits the converter. If it doesn't work, do I just need to find another FMX converter with a different pilot diameter?

I wonder if those Erson valve covers have any value...might have to throw those on eBay. I may see if I can get a pair of valve covers from a nice dry junkyard engine that way I don't have to try and sell the 351M without any.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2010 at 5:39AM
everything has some value... to someone, but i think you can get foil thick chromies for about $18 these days. i'm sure somebody will grab them if you put them up, and they're having a 'no listing fee sale' so you'll save an additional 23 cents!

i'm pretty confident that the converter will be right but yeah, just a correct stock FMX converter for your stud pattern & pilot diameter

might wanna pop a new front seal in while you have access
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2010 at 9:03AM
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?.......LOL 
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2010 at 4:30PM
Nothing new. Waiting on motor mounts from RacePages and will get the bellhousing Monday or Tuesday. Not much else to do at the moment. My mechanic is kinda pissed at me for not having this ready. He left my hood and driver door open over Christmas Eve and Christmas. I closed them this morning on my way to get donuts when I saw it. *grrr*

Just played around with CompCams software. For 2V heads (2.05int/1.65exh valves), dual plane intake, 600cfm carb, .030 overbore, 9.0:1 compression, the best fit cam is the 265DEH (I knew that somehow, and am not surprised)

With a completely stock exhaust, leaving the cats on, stock muffler, pump gas, and nothing else special, this engine should pull 258hp@4500rpm and 343ft-lbs torque @3500rpm. Nice. Way better than whatever this poor 351M was getting, knowing that it was 152hp and 276lbs of torque NEW and it's probably worn to half that.

Now when I search for an "RV" cam for a 351C I keep coming across higher duration (282/292) cams but with the same 484/510 lift. I'm not sure what's in there now. I may not know until it needs rebuilt again. But if it's got the same lift and a longer duration, I just hope it has a good idle quality.

What I like is armchair racing with it. If I change to short tube headers and no cats, I go from 258hp to 310hp. Torque jumps from 343 to 390! If I switch over to heads that resemble the 4V heads (2.17int, 1.73 exh valve size, ported) it jumps to 385hp and 418tq. Add a little more carb (650cfm) and a high-flow dual-plane intake and it's 415hp and 432tq.

So yes, small changes make a lot of difference. What I like is that the 265DEH cam still works well for all those changes above. Just the small tube headers give 60hp. That will absolutely be my first change then. The other things (4V heads, more carb, more intake flow, more porting) don't make as big of difference.

Edit: hood is off my car now, 351M is out and on the floor in the shop. I'm headed to go get the bellhousing later this morning and hope the motor mounts show up quick. Everything else is bought (oil, filters, hoses, belts, coolant, clamps, etc) and ready to rock. I have my ad up on CL for the leftover bits I'll have. If all goes well I'll make most of the labor money back selling bits!

Edit 2: bellhousing is delivered to the shop, still waiting on motor mounts, hoping pilot diameter whachamacallit matches up...

Edited by occupant - 28-December-2010 at 10:14AM
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2010 at 1:58AM
I just got an email from racepages this morning......they cancelled my order because they don't have any in stock after I CALLED TO MAKE SURE THEY DID HAVE THEM...
the lousy lyin' grovelin' cotton pickin' boot lickin' snivelin' no good punks!

Now I have to scrounge around and see what I can come up with on short notice.

Pilot appears to be 1.375" on both counts. I should be good to go.

Edited by occupant - 29-December-2010 at 1:59AM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>